Policy Overview: Lehigh’s travel policies take into account recommendations and guidelines from the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention; in some cases, there may be additional Lehigh-specific requirements. Read below for specific travel requirements for students, faculty and staff. These are subject to change as conditions and guidance evolve, and any updates should be followed.
- There are no specific restrictions related to faculty, staff, undergraduate or graduate student university travel or personal travel at this time. However, for undergraduate and graduate students, international travel requires ITAC approval, and as of December 2021, the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) has advised international students, faculty and staff to avoid non-essential international travel.
- Any members of our campus community who have unavoidable plans to travel internationally in the coming weeks should continue to check CDC guidance on travel, as well as the most recent travel recommendations by destination. All travelers should bear in mind that, depending on their location, they may face mandatory COVID-19 testing requirements, quarantines, travel restrictions and closed borders.
- Effective August 2, 2021, faculty and staff will no longer be required to obtain dean, vice president or provost approval for university-related domestic or international travel. Read more >
- For personal travel domestically or internationally, students, faculty and staff who have been in a high-risk environment such as in a busy airport where social distancing is difficult, are strongly encouraged to voluntarily get a COVID-19 test upon returning home.
- Avoid traveling if sick, wear a mask and socially distance, check travel restrictions, wash your hands frequently, and consider waiting until you’re vaccinated or have had your COVID vaccine booster to travel.
- International travelers should be aware there may be additional testing requirements in place per airline rules, and even location-specific restrictions. Check for any updates, as these restrictions are dynamic and may change.
- International and study abroad students should monitor their email for any specific guidance and instructions provided by OISS and Study Abroad.