Students, Faculty and Staff will be required to adhere to the following guidelines as they prepare to return to campus:
- Complete the appropriate Return to Campus training module:
- Undergraduate students must read and sign the Social Contract as part of your training.
- Carefully monitor your health for 14 days prior to coming to campus.
- Complete all COVID-19 testing and quarantining requirements as applicable.
- Stay up-to-date and aware of all national, state, local and Lehigh University health and safety requirements.
Returning to Lehigh
To assist Lehigh in its efforts to ensure a safe return to campus, members of the community will be required to follow these protocols:
- On-Campus Students must move into your room at the time scheduled with Housing Services.
- Off-Campus Students must provide Lehigh with an accurate local address, cell phone number, and other required contact information.
- All students should physically distance during social interactions and must limit the size of their personal social gatherings according to the most up-to-date recommendations. Gatherings must also follow proper health protocols.
- Faculty and RAs/TAs/GAs should not return to campus until receiving approval from their Dean or unit manager, or by the Supervisor, Department Chair, or PI consistent with the Safety Management Plan that has been developed for that area.
- For Faculty and Staff, working remotely should still be prioritized when feasible. Those who can accomplish their assigned duties remotely should continue doing so.
While on Campus
In order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, members of the campus community must commit to the following:
- Complete a daily COVID-19 self-screening via the Hawkwatch app
- Maintain 6’ of physical distance. A face covering is not a substitute for physical distancing.
- Wear a cloth face covering in any public space and in any circumstance where interacting with others on campus. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is requiring the use of cloth face coverings when in public.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face and cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- If you don’t feel well, stay home, monitor your symptoms, and students should reach out to the Health & Wellness Center.
- Carry your Lehigh University ID card at all times. ID cards will be necessary for access to campus buildings.
- Raise concerns about community members failing to meet expectations in an appropriate and caring manner. If addressing the concern directly is not an option, or if you are not satisfied with the response you receive or the behavior doesn’t stop, you may report the concern to the COVID Response Team (CRT) by completing this form at http://lehigh.edu/go/covidreporting. While we encourage you to provide your name and contact information with this form so that the CRT may follow-up with you, if necessary, you may also submit this report anonymously.
- Avoid all non-essential travel and follow quarantining guidelines if travel is necessary.
- Students should not bring off-campus guests to campus.
When You Need Support
Whether you are continuing your studies on campus or remotely, students can help take care of themselves, and each other, by utilizing the following resources.
- The Office of Student Affairs continues to provide a wide range of services for students. Visit the Student Affairs website for updated information on all program offerings.
- Find information specific to graduate students on the Graduate Studies COVID-19 information page.
- The Office of International Students and Scholars offers support and resources for Lehigh’s international students. Visit the OISS website for updates.
- If you find yourself stressed, frustrated or fearful because of the challenges being placed before us all due to COVID-19, we encourage you to contact our Office of Counseling and Psychological Services at 610-758-3880 or 610-758-5183. The center is open and counselors are available 24/7 to talk and provide support and assistance.